Successful candidates will have an established track record of leading software development teams, keen technical aptitude, recent coding and deployment experience, excellent project management skills, solid communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Focus and mentor the development team with hands-on leadership.
- Act as a technical expert within the technology team.
- Lead team planning and design meetings.
- Work with development, quality assurance, and infrastructure team members to build an effective continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline.
- Establish schedule/estimates/delivery timelines for feature release.
- Maintain day-to-day awareness of projects and technical issues.
- Facilitate project completion by removing roadblocks and working through solutions.
- Code review to ensure application consistency.
- Contribute to backlog of the development team and help team with tasks they are committed to completing.
- Provide technical direction for activities in all tiers of the DevOps solution, including the orchestration/automation of system configuration, application deployment, application configuration, performance engineering and cloud deployments/management.
- Accurately scope multiple concurrent project requirements and manage delivery timelines.
- Understand delivery requirements, identify gaps and work to bridge them.
- Ensure successful code deployments.
- Provide input on the priorities of technical debt.
- Ensure that the infrastructure is adequately documented.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Establish monitoring KPI’s to define success and track improvements.
- Proactively manage information security related aspects of our applications that are part of a successful DevOps practice, including vulnerability remediation and secure coding practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in Computer Science and/or a related field.
- 7+ years of working experience designing, developing, and delivering technology solutions.
- Experience leading projects. Experience leading technical teams.
- Experience in DevOps practices, specifically as it relates to Azure.
- Experience with Git, along with best practices in source control.
- Experience with DNS and networking.
- Experience in delivering scalable solutions deployed in the cloud.
- Strong ability to estimate development timelines and assign resource allocation.
Work With Us
Our hiring process is designed to ensure you are clearly making a career move. It is an opportunity to determine if you are a good fit for our organization, and if our organization is a good fit for you. Our goal is to match talented people with exciting careers within our fast-growing company.
Focus FS offers a competitive compensation package including many benefits, unlimited vacation and opportunities for growth and professional development.
If this sounds like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply. You can send along your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application Development Lead.”